The Director of Learning Success sets the strategic approach to program success and client relationship management for the Yale School of Management (Yale SOM) Executive Education department and leads and develops a team of Learning Success Managers. Reports to the Assistant Dean and Executive Director of Executive Programs. Under the leadership of the Director, the Learning Success team is responsible for understanding client learning objectives and translating those requirements into successful executive programs, delivered in collaboration with department colleagues.
The Director serves on the Yale SOM Executive Education staff leadership team and has supervisory accountability for client relationship management and project management across a wide variety of program formats and modalities.
- Set standards of excellence for client engagement and program outcomes through process and template development, written documentation, trainings, and continual improvement. Ensure process adherence across the Learning Success team and collaborate with other functional leads within the department to further develop and improve standard workflows.
- Serve as Learning Success process owner and as strategic partner to other department workstreams. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Yale SOM Executive Education capabilities, including faculty expertise and teaching topics. Identify and anticipate strategic needs and collaborate with other functional leads to develop new capabilities across content, logistics, and other service areas.
- Serve as a key adviser to the Assistant Dean and Executive Director on portfolio planning and strategy, anticipating client needs and regularly assessing account plans against department mission and goals.
- Lead by example. Serve as Learning Success Manager for a select portfolio of Executive Education clients and programs to bridge learner needs and department capabilities. Engage with current clients to understand their needs, learning objectives, and expectations. Translate client requirements into actionable inputs to all other functional processes across the department, ensuring the program development process stays on track.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction with Yale SOM Executive Education programs and with overall customer experience.
- Meet margin targets through effective budget management and oversight of program expenses. Establish targets for other Learning Success team members.
- Meet revenue targets for renewed business with existing clients and establish targets for other Learning Success team members. Propose additional program iterations, update program budgets, and negotiate contract terms. Collaborate with Learning Partnerships colleagues as needed to re-price existing programs and develop new custom products for returning clients.
- Convene and lead program debrief meetings to identify continuous improvement opportunities across all department functions to ensure that all clients are receiving world-class service.
- Communicate clearly, projecting a polished, consistent message when representing Yale SOM Executive Education at client, university, and Yale SOM meetings on campus and off-campus.
- Represent Yale School of Management at opening and closing dinner ceremonies, as well as provide session introductions during programs.
- Must be able to travel as necessary and work evenings and weekends to meet client needs.
- Partner with the Assistant Dean and Executive Director on strategic initiatives, such as new products and services and new external partnerships. Lead other special projects as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and ten years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills, to interact effectively and represent the school well globally with participants, faculty administrators, and corporate contacts.
- Proactive problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, flexible with ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment under time deadlines (with work activities that can extend beyond normal business hours).
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and track record of building and leading diverse, inclusive teams.
Knowledge of database management systems and tools. Experience leading, procuring, and/or selling professional development or lifelong learning programs. Experience managing both custom and open enrollment programs in a highly ranked institution. Experience developing operational and client service processes, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and leading engaged, high performing work teams. Global orientation.