The Darden School Foundation (DSF) at the University of Virginia (UVA) seeks a highly motivated professional to join its Executive Education team. The Program Manager is responsible for program delivery for both open enrollment and custom executive education programs delivered at the Darden Business School (Darden DC Metro) location in Rosslyn, Virginia, and at other U.S. and international venues. This position coordinates all operational aspects of assigned events, manages communications, program logistics, and is responsible for efficient, cost-effective program administration with the goal of providing extraordinary customer service. Maintains a close working relationship with clients, both sponsoring executives and participants, through continual contact both in person and virtually, and via email and/or telephone, as duties also include promotion and cross-selling of open-enrollment and custom programs available through Executive Education. Some evening, weekend and overnight onsite program support will be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure effective delivery on all operational aspects of assigned executive education programs or other events (in person and virtual) in collaboration with clients, faculty/staff, computing and audio-visual departments, and internal and external publications departments.
- Manage pre and post program communications with participants. This includes preparation of welcome letters, logistics information, attendance verifications, Visa requests, etc.
- Manage the learning management system (e.g., NovoEd, Canvas) for each program, including ensuring all teaching materials and other logistic information is posted on a timely basis, both pre and post program.
- Manage a budget for the program delivery that balances the goal of providing exceptional customer service within prescribed cost parameters.
- Participate in key program activities (meals, recreation, and selected classes) to enhance communications, provide support and address issues as they arise. This may include weekend, evening, and early morning hours depending on the program.
- Host and participate in virtual class sessions, events and program-related meetings.
- Address, either directly or through other staff, customer requests as they arise.
- Participate in the continual improvement of existing operational plans for program delivery and maintaining complete files on all programs, to ensure smooth delivery of future program offerings and also updates schedule on a regular basis when changes are made.
- Follow prescribed format and program delivery schedule and utilize current and future technology tools to maximize automation and efficiency.
- Participate on the business development team, including when meeting with potential clients, representing capabilities in operations and program delivery.
- Work with experienced Program Managers and Directors to refer faculty by expertise to executives and guests of the School throughout the year and to make suggestions in the areas of case development, research and faculty consulting.
- Manage evaluation process and tracks follow-up items; proposes solutions and/or improvements to Program Director regarding long-term program needs.
- Serve as the key contact for organizational partners – these partners may include CLO’s, Directors of Learning and Development and business line executives. Respond independently to questions from sponsors and participants.
- Prepare key communications to participants that need to be customized such as welcome letters from faculty, logistics information, Visa requests, verification of attendance, etc.
- Perform special tasks as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel (overnight) regionally for designated weeks requiring offsite program support.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four to five years of business and/or administrative experience in a customer relations capacity
- One year working with enterprise technology solutions such as Event Registration tools, Learning Management Systems (e.g., NovoEd, Canvas), and Customer Relationship Management systems (e.g., Salesforce) preferred
- Experience in event planning
- Experience hosting virtual meetings/events via Zoom
- Experience in program or project management
- Relationships within the DC Metro region with associations, Corporate Learning Officers or military/government entities a plus
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a team environment
- Strong customer and service focus
- Highly adaptable to different technology platforms – picks up software use easily, enjoys learning new technology
- Survey platform experience (e.g., Qualtrics) preferred
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and maintain a professional demeanor; good judgment; be culturally sensitive
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules
- Ability to work well with staff, faculty, outside service providers, program participants, and general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest/provide solutions
Please attach a cover letter and résumé when applying for this position.
The Darden School Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity or expression), national or ethnic origin, race, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, or genetic information. We participate in E-verify.
About Darden and the Darden School Foundation:
UVA’s Darden Graduate School of Business delivers Degree Programs and Executive Education in its Charlottesville and Washington D.C. locations, as well as at client sites around the world. The Darden School Foundation is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation established in 1952 with the mission of supporting and advancing the Darden School in its academic mission. The Darden School Foundation provides this support through promoting philanthropic support, managing endowment funds and other assets for the School’s exclusive benefit, running Darden’s top ranked Executive Education and Lifelong Learning programs, and operating the Inn at Darden, Darden Sands Family Grounds in Rosslyn, and Abbott Center in Charlottesville. An elected Board of Trustees oversees the Foundation’s strategy and provides a critical link between the Foundation, School, and business communities.
The Darden School has been ranked the number one MBA education experience in the world by The Economist magazine for eight consecutive years, number one for campus environment and faculty by Princeton Review, and number one for alumni satisfaction with their MBA education by Forbes.