The Darden School Foundation at the University of Virginia seeks a highly motivated professional to join its Executive Education team. The Program Administrator is responsible for the operational support of open enrollment and custom executive education programs delivered at Darden Business School locations in Charlottesville and Rosslyn, Virginia, at other U.S. and international venues, and online. This position coordinates detailed administrative tasks and operational activities required for program delivery and provides customer service as the point of contact for the Executive Education Help Desk. Supports the Program Manager and Director teams as required and resolves issues that may occur in the classroom environment. While the Program Administrator may be called upon to support programs across a diversity of customer and client industries, including a large number of programs for the branches of the military and federal/state government. Some evening, weekend and overnight onsite program support will be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure completion of all assigned operational tasks in support of executive education programs or other events (in person and virtual) in collaboration with Program Manager and Director team members in Charlottesville and Rosslyn.
- Create, compile and distribute pre-program materials. This includes preparation of welcome letters, logistics information, seating charts, biographical information, name tents, name tags, program signage, etc.
- Complete in-session program tasks including roster updates, certificate creation and distribution, simulation set-up and support, material updates.
- Distribute, compile and track evaluation process; report progress and summary information to Program Manager and Director as requested.
- Manage program registration and roster information via the customer relationship management systems (e.g., database platform, Salesforce, Quip) for each program.
- Provide Learning Management Systems (e.g., NovoEd, Canvas) platform task support to Program Manager and Director for designated programs.
- Manage inventory and supplies.
- Manage classroom set up and supply needs for Darden based and offsite programs.
- Act as representative of Darden Executive Education to the University and business communities as host of Executive Education operations area.
- Participate in program planning meetings as well as post-program debrief meetings for custom and open enrollment programs with operations team.
- Perform special tasks as required.
Successful Candidates Will Have a Proven Track Record That Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Two to three years of business and/or administrative experience in a customer relations capacity strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a team environment
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and maintain a professional demeanor; good judgment; be culturally sensitive
- Ability to work well with staff, faculty, outside service providers, program participants, and general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest/provide solutions
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Experience working with enterprise technology solutions such as Event Registration tools, Learning Management Systems (e.g., NovoEd, Canvas), and Customer Relationship Management systems (e.g., Salesforce) a plus
- Experience in event support a plus
- Experience participating in virtual meetings/events via Zoom a plus
- Strong customer and service focus
- Highly adaptable to different technology platforms – picks up software use easily, enjoys learning new technology
- Survey platform experience (e.g., Qualtrics) a plus
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Experience with Microsoft Teams a plus
- Experience in a military or government setting a plus
Please attach a cover letter and résumé when applying for this position.
The Darden School Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity or expression), national or ethnic origin, race, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, or genetic information. We participate in E-verify.
About Darden, the Darden School Foundation and Charlottesville, VA:
UVA’s Darden Graduate School of Business delivers Degree Programs and Executive Education in its Charlottesville and Washington D.C. locations, as well as at client sites around the world. The Darden School Foundation is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation established in 1952 with the mission of supporting and advancing the Darden School in its academic mission. The Darden School Foundation provides this support through promoting philanthropic support, managing endowment funds and other assets for the School’s exclusive benefit, running Darden’s top ranked Executive Education and Lifelong Learning programs, and operating the Darden Sands Family Grounds in Rosslyn, and Abbott Center in Charlottesville. An elected Board of Trustees oversees the Foundation’s strategy and provides a critical link between the Foundation, School, and business communities.
The Darden School has been ranked the number one MBA education experience in the world by The Economist magazine for eight consecutive years, number one for campus environment and faculty by Princeton Review, and number one for alumni satisfaction with their MBA education by Forbes.
Nestled amid the foothills of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains and about a hundred miles South of Washington, D.C., the greater Charlottesville region offers a thriving community and vanguard of arts and culture that’s both boldly innovative and grounded in rich tradition. Charlottesville consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country for quality of life and was recently named America’s happiest city. A wonderful place to raise a family, Charlottesville and Albemarle County have schools that are consistently ranked top in Virginia.