Deadline: Monday, October 3rd, 2022
The Senior Program Manager role is responsible for serving as a leader within the program management team, guiding process improvement and implementation, and executing program delivery of executive development programs in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, other US locations, global program locations, and virtually. This individual serves as a primary customer interface with high-level corporate executive participants, oversees all operational components of program delivery, leads a small program team, and supports internal process development.
- Directly leading and managing a program team of Program Managers and Program Coordinators
- Ensuring high-quality delivery of Executive Development client programs within the program team through multiple modalities (on campus, off-site, virtual, or hybrid)
- Overseeing client programs being delivered simultaneously using strong project management skills
- Ensuring program deliveries are achieving the highest level of customer service across all areas
- Maintaining strong working relationships with clients and participants
- Coordinating with program faculty and Program Directors to drive the planning process before, after and during program deliveries
- Preparing materials for needs analysis, high-level design, detail design and program walkthrough meetings
- Leading program participant follow-up processes and developing program websites for use in distributing logistical information and materials
- Ensuring program operations tie into the overall content by understanding the program objectives and expected program outcomes
- Working closely with the Director of Operations to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of program operations and processes
- Leading and owning, at minimum, one area of focus for program process improvement and managing implementation for the team
- Overseeing financials for your program team, managing accounts payables and receivables, and tracking program expenses to stay within an established budget
- Contracting and negotiating with appropriate suppliers to obtain meeting space, lodging, meals, and program materials
- Preparing evaluation data for annual client reviews
- Demonstrating effective internal communication, accountability and confidentiality with colleagues, vendors and partners
- Special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively lead and manage a team and possess strong project management, organizational, communication, and decision-making skills. The candidate must be able to prioritize program needs, advocate for the program team, and adapt quickly in unexpected situations.
Strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint desired. Experience in event management, corporate customer service, virtual learning platforms, and training and development preferred. Minimum qualifications include an undergraduate degree and three years of program/project management experience, or equivalent experience in a related area. Experience working with global clients and demonstrated ability to mentor staff a plus.
This role will work closely with their program team and manage several direct reports. If desired, this position offers potential for upward mobility and growth pathways within operations.
This is a full-time position with some evening and weekend work during program deliveries, as well as potential domestic and international travel. Due to the nature and responsibilities of the position, this is an on-site, in-person role. However,
there will be some opportunity and flexibility provided for remote work. Remote work is subject to program load and office-specific task completion.
The Senior Program Manager is an employee of the Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC, an affiliated organization of UNC-Chapel Hill. This position is not a University or State of North Carolina position.
Please visit our Career Opportunities page: https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/executive-development/about-us/career-opportunities/
The deadline to apply for this position is Monday, October 3rd, 2022. At UNC Executive Development, we understand that recruiting the most exceptional talent to join our team is vital to our success, which is why we offer a generous benefits package, including group health, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) matching plan, life insurance, paid holidays and time-off, as well as group and individual incentive compensation plans.
Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. EOE M/F/D/V.