The Graduate and Executive Education Department in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is committed to improving the world. We embody this mission to deliver big results by producing agile, strategic minded and empowered students guided by impactful, interdisciplinary research. Our students and faculty create the change that impacts our world for the better. This is exemplified by our two flagship MBAs which focus on general leadership: the Professional MBA and the Executive MBA in Strategic Leadership.
The Assistant Director – Business Development for these two programs co-creates, develops and deploys our marketing strategy to attract and recruit high potential candidates with an interest in attending these two nationally and internationally acclaimed MBA programs. Working closely with the two program directors, they are creative, skilled in digital and social media, able to co-create marketing strategy, and ultimately create a “high-touch” engagement with fully qualified candidates as they navigate through the inquiry, exploration, application, interview and decision process. In addition to connecting with candidates, they also engage with prospective companies and oversee the candidate pipeline to include lead source data and marketing metrics. Finally, they serve as a member of each program’s leadership team.
- Co-create and oversee implementation of recruitment, marketing and program branding strategies to attract high-quality graduate student applicants
- Create and implement strategies for building a talent network/talent community through alumni and corporate partners
- Plan and manage media campaigns to include micro-sites, social media and targeted marketing
- Engage with fully qualified prospective candidates as they navigate the full admission process
- Use data analytics to assess and revise marketing & recruiting strategy and build leadership team awareness of ongoing recruiting goals and attainment within the annual cycle
- Co-creates marketing & recruiting budget, oversees financial activities of that budget and provides recommendations to program directors on strategic marketing spend
- Serves on each program’s leadership team. Serves as marketing and recruiting program representative to external agencies and university partners such as Program Teams, Graduate Admissions, Veterans Affairs, College Financial Information Office, Recruitment Partners, and the Office of Diversity and Community Relations.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable marketing, sales, and business development processes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups
- Analytical skills
Education and Experience Required / Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree required with Master’s degree preferred
- Four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, with six years preferred.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that makes the Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee a truly attractive employer of choice. At UTK, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth. Relocation support negotiable.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting work environment, the desire to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University then we definitely want to hear from you.
How to engage with us:
Interested individuals should provide a cover letter addressing professional experience relevant to each required minimum qualification, a resume, and complete contact information for 3 professional references.
Job: Other Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-knoxville
Organization: Mba Program