The Office of Professional Graduate and Executive Programs in the Smeal College of Business at The Pennsylvania State University (University Park, Pennsylvania) is seeking a Client Development and Recruiting Specialist to join their team.
The Client Development and Recruiting Specialist will focus on two primary areas:
Developing and implementing digital recruiting strategies to generate new leads and relationships for Penn State Executive Programs and Smeal Professional Graduate Programs. Recruiting-oriented travel in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region to build awareness and generate new leads for Smeal Resident Specialty Master’s Programs and other Smeal Professional Graduate and Executive Programs (PGEP).
The ideal fit for this position is a team player who is energetic, organized, and has a passion for client development, leveraging technology, social media, and in-person strategies.
The Client Development and Recruiting Specialist will collaborate with marketing and other team members as they seek and develop new customers and/or channels in accordance with team objectives and will pass the top of funnel leads to the appropriate business development professionals for further lead nurturing.
The successful candidate must reside in the mid-Atlantic region with occasional trips to Penn State’s main campus in University Park, PA. Overall travel is approximately 50%, with the amount of overnight travel dependent on the location of the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute on prospect mining strategies as you:
- Initiate new prospect relationships using social media platforms and other digital sources to target prospective audiences for Penn State Executive Programs and Professional Graduate Programs
- Identify and qualify new prospective learners and customers
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop prospecting strategies as a part of the larger business development plans across the portfolios
- Represent Smeal in the mid-Atlantic region as you:
- Initiate and grow new student relationships by presenting to undergraduates with expressed interest in the Resident Specialty Master’s Programs – and professionals interested in professional graduate programs like the Executive MBA and the new Executive DBA
- Generate new leads and individual enrollments for Penn State Executive Programs by introducing and representing our portfolio of custom and public professional development programs
- Collaborate with marketing, business development, and advising team members to:
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline, prospect reports, and dashboards
- Measure and track lead generation activity against goals
- Manage data for new and prospective clients within CRM
- Support inside sales as they qualify leads and move them through the sales funnel (both for-credit and professional development programming)
- Create reports that demonstrate both activities and conversions
The ideal candidate will possess/demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in lead generation, sales, recruiting, and/or inside sales
- Previous experience in organizational learning, education, or leadership development markets is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage client outreach through social media campaigns
- Current with the latest lead generation trends and best practices.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills a must
- Highly motivated and autonomous contributor – who also enjoys being part of a team
- Able to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on delivering excellent customer service when interacting with internal and external clients
- Positive, enthusiastic, motivated, and solution oriented
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
Education and Experience:
This job will be filled at a level commensurate with the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher plus at least six years of related experience, with a master’s degree preferred. Familiarity with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud preferred.
The ability to travel regionally, nationally, and internationally is required. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
This position has the potential to work fully remotely. Candidates seeking remote working opportunities are welcome to apply. Residence in the mid-Atlantic region required.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.