The New School’s Parsons Executive Education division in the Provost’s office is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial professional as the Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Global Executive Education and Online Strategic Initiatives and partners closely with the university’s Admissions team.
The Director of Admissions, Executive Education will help to develop and lead all phases of the recruitment and admissions process for this recently established division. Executive Education program participants are working adults, ranging from middle to senior managers and C-Suite leaders that are engaging in a variety of open-enrollment and customized courses offering short-term intensive and high-touch specialized training. The portfolio of the division also includes longer-form certificates and global executive master’s programs.
This position will be critical in helping develop and implement the enrollment strategy for all of the division’s offerings. As a recruitment leader in this area, they will be required to bring that specific functional expertise to round out the capabilities of the Executive Education team and the larger internal support network of the university.
The successful candidate will also manage day-to-day communications and manage all phases of the recruitment/admissions process, providing sophisticated ‘concierge-level’ interactions and follow-through with prospective candidates. To achieve enrollment goals, the successful individual will have a collaborative approach to problem-solving and strategizing while working closely with the faculty directors, and administrative team in Executive Education.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop optimal recruitment strategies for the division which include three distinct sets of programs: open-enrollment courses, long-form global executive partnered programs and one degree offering that caters to executives: the Executive Master of Science in Strategic Design for Global Leadership.
- Act as the Executive Education strategist for innovative event planning on- and off-campus such as information sessions, online chats, webinars, specialized outreach, etc.
- Evaluate and analyze Executive Education applications to understand prospect interest, industry, preferences, etc., and prepare reports for review by the Vice Provost.
- Liaise with Executive Education program administration and faculty directors regarding prospect recruitment, enrollment, and outreach activities to increase the prospect pool and maximize yield.
- Represent Parsons Executive Education in a full range of recruitment and admission activities and special events both on and off-campus.
- Interview and counsel prospects on the admissions process, program content, outcomes, and requirements.
- Assist with managing prospect inquiry processes across both print and electronic communication plans and handle the registration process for admitted degree students in the Executive Master of Science in Strategic Design for Global Leadership.
- Partner with the Marketing and Business Development team in Continuing and Professional Education to manage the registration process and student experience for prospects sourced from Custom Enterprise Partnerships.
- Duties and projects as assigned by the Vice Provost.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in Executive Education and/or with a population of Adult Learners
- Facility with MS Office and Google Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong professional, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience working in admissions and/or student experience for Executive Education or an equivalent learning program
- Ability to adhere to university COVID-19 policy.
- Master’s degree
- BANNER, Slate and Destiny One experience desirable
Requisition Number: 0206073686
Contact: The New School Talent Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Résumés should be submitted via the career page