Application Deadline Monday, March 20
The Director of Finance will serve as the Executive Development financial and budget officer with oversight and approval for all financial activity within the group. This role will develop effective financial strategies, monitor all financial activities, manage client and government contracts, ensure compliance with accounting and financial standards, and maintain working relationships across the organization and the University.
- Perform analytical benchmarking to ensure programs are meeting expectations regarding margin and overall financial contribution to net income
- Lead fiscal year-end close planning, procedures, and communication
- Make all year-end accruals for revenue and expenses and track their resolution
- Direct the collection and management reporting of enrollment and financial data for all Executive Development programs
- Develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures
- Collect and report all financial data including, but not limited to, program revenues, expenses, growth rates, financial contribution, and collection of receivables for all offerings
- Prepare quarterly and annual management reports for overall Executive Development revenues and expenses
- Manage and track ongoing contracts with custom program clients and partners, including government contracting
- Work with University Counsel on custom client contracts and agreements
- Negotiate all client contracts, including some multi-year, multi-engagement
- Develop pricing for all custom programs as part of the business development process, working closely with key stakeholders
- Use competitor analysis to inform appropriate pricing structures
- Evaluate cost structure of offerings when formulating pricing
- Negotiate and manage contracts with vendors and suppliers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The Director of Finance should possess strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, excellent interpersonal skills to motivate and influence others, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills, including the ability to set metrics to manage resources. The candidate should possess excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and communicate to senior level management and procurement of corporations, government agencies, associations, and nonprofit organizations. This individual should be comfortable managing multiple, complex, and, sometimes, rapidly changing priorities and have a demonstrated track record of accountability and follow-through on hard and soft deadlines, as well as outcomes.
This position requires an undergraduate degree with a preference for accounting and/or finance or other relevant discipline and five or more years of progressively responsible financial management experience in a business or higher education setting. Experience with QuickBooks or other financial reporting software required. Experience developing operational plans and servicing complex client needs in a service sector preferred. Salesforce experience a plus.
The Director of Finance is a full-time, hybrid position, with some opportunity provided for remote work. The Director of Finance is an employee of the Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC, an affiliated organization of UNC-Chapel Hill. This position is not a University or State of North Carolina position.
Please visit our Career Opportunities page to apply: www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/executive-development/about-us/career-opportunities/. The deadline to apply for this position is Monday, March 20, 2023.
ABOUT UNC EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT:
UNC Executive Development takes great pride in designing and delivering innovative, customized learning solutions to address our clients’ specific business, organizational, and leadership development needs. We collaborate with many client organizations, including Fortune 500 companies and governmental organizations, to drive long-term impact. As part of UNC-Chapel Hill’s Kenan-Flagler Business School, we are an internationally recognized leader in the field of executive education.
At UNC Executive Development, we understand that recruiting the most exceptional talent to join our team is vital to our success, which is why we offer a generous benefits package, including group health, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) matching plan, life insurance, paid holidays and time-off, as well as group and individual incentive compensation plans.
Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. EOE M/F/D/V.