The role may be based in Doha, Qatar, or in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. If based in Qatar, the role will require frequent travel to Saudi Arabia.
Priority will be given to candidates who are currently based in Saudi Arabia.
Founded in 1881 by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, HEC Paris brings together 140 permanent professors, 4,500 students and 8,000 managers in executive education programs every year.
As leaders of impactful learning, HEC Paris has been committed to excellence and impact in research, teaching and thought leadership while delivering transformation and support in addressing the disciplines that matter in today’s complex global economic situation. HEC Paris is ranked number one European business school in 2021 by the Financial Times (FT).
In 2010, HEC Paris joined Qatar Foundation to bring world-class Executive Education programs and research activity to Doha and the region. HEC Paris launched Qatar’s first international EMBA, which is currently ranked number 1 worldwide by the Financial Times, and a master’s program. In addition, HEC Paris in Qatar delivers custom-designed programs which have been ranked #1 by the Financial Times in May 2022. The school works with clients in Qatar and the region to design and deliver executive programs that address current business challenges.
The programs and research activities of HEC Paris in Qatar build corporate competitiveness within the global economy and are fully aligned with Qatar National Vision 2030 to support the transformation of Qatar into an advanced, competitive and knowledge-based economy. Corporate partnerships have also played a key part in HEC Paris’ mission of bringing about regional economic transformation by developing business talent, managers and leaders who can meet the societal and environmental challenges of the future. http://www.qatar.exed.hec.edu/
HEC Paris in Qatar is an exceptional workplace, located in state-of-the-art premises in downtown Msheireb, at the heart of Doha. Joining HEC Paris in Qatar is a unique opportunity to be part of a close-knit community of talented individuals united around five core values: Curiosity, Excellence, Diversity, Responsibility and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager is responsible for increasing the revenue stream from corporate clients by driving new growth opportunities to expand the portfolio of clients for custom-designed Executive Education programs.
- Develop and execute effective sales strategies directed at new clients, including prospection, learning needs assessment, articulating education programs focused on outcome and impact, managing objections, closing contracts and forecasting
- Draft business proposals and ensuing contracts
- Conduct client visits and presentations, working with the Dean, Faculty and other staff as relevant throughout the client lifecycle
- Manage existing client portfolio and identify potential growth opportunities focusing on renewals, up-selling, and cross selling
- Manage and nurture relationships at multiple levels within client organizations in order to provide deeper levels of service and greater value to the client
- Attend program launches, closing ceremonies, Company events, professional and networking events as relevant to cultivate client relationships
- Work with Executive Director on program pricing and cost/profit models to ensure appropriate profit margins
- Monitor and manage revenue and program profitability
Program development and management
- Identify clients’ needs and work with Faculty to design pedagogical concepts with clear program objectives and a learning agenda that responds to clients’ business and organizational challenges
- Liaise with Operations during program development (confirming program dates, identifying and securing Program Director/Faculty, developing program materials…)
- Ensure handover from business proposal to program delivery: brief Operations, problem solve where required and maintain visibility on program delivery while retaining client relationship
- Continually strive to improve program proposals integrating client feedback, designing/implementing innovations and ensuring pedagogical objectives remain relevant
- Engage in regular client meetings to collect feedback to ensure high satisfaction level
- Master’s degree in Business or related field
- 10+ years of work experience, preferably in business development, sales,
marketing or consulting in a service industry
- Knowledge and experience of Executive Education, Talent Management, L&D
and/or Leadership Development
- Experience in the conception and design of corporate learning programs,
including the integration of digital learning
- Solid business acumen, ability to influence executive decisions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in writing, presenting and defending proposals
- Ability to drive a consultative sales approach
- Experience in developing financial proposals (pricing, cost/profit models)
- Ability to get to “yes” while maintaining sales and organizational targets
- Results driven with strong customer focus and account management abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent command of English; additional languages (Arabic, French…) a plus
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience in the use of CRM
systems for lead/client management and forecasting
- Willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends)
- Experience in GCC countries a plus
The role may be based in Doha, Qatar, or in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. If based in Qatar, the role will require frequent travel to Saudi Arabia. Priority will be given to candidates who are currently based in Saudi Arabia.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.