The Portfolio Director is responsible for ensuring overall success of a portfolio of open-enrollment Harvard Business School’s Executive Education (ExEd) programs. Reports to Senior Portfolio Director, Focused Programs. This program role resembles a product-management position, has P&L responsibility, and collaboratively manages a matrix of Sales and Marketing, Program Delivery, Enrollment and Admissions Services.
- Works as member of Open Enrollment (OE) team to shape and implement a strategy for assigned program portfolio that maximizes: faculty development, educational impact for participants/sponsoring organizations, and financial contribution.
- Manages programs through entire life cycle, including: work with faculty on new ideas, collaborate with marketing/sales teams, work with partners across HBS and/or other entities to leverage relevant resources, oversee admissions process, partner with OE colleagues and program delivery teams, and evaluate effectiveness of program, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Working with applicants, corporate contacts, and ExEd Sales & Marketing team, develops relationships to manage enrollment and understand the needs of our clients (global executives).
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of School’s existing intellectual capital and teaching and learning models; ensures ongoing systematic understanding of new content and methodologies.
- With faculty, creates new programs/refreshes existing ones.
- Tracks program performance and is involved in creating and analyzing program metrics.
- Develops strong relationship with Sales & Marketing teams to understand market demand, and with Program Operations to successfully deliver logistical aspects of program.
- Oversee the development of program content and materials, analyze program mapping and demand; recommend improvements
- Oversee and review the assessment of new program proposals, curriculum, and new format designs
- Oversee and collaborate on the development of marketing and sales outreach strategy; foster and maintain relationships with external clients to increase interest and participation in programs
- Oversee program portfolio development which may include recommending and implementing enrollment processes, program scheduling and establishing administrative workflows
- Develop strong working relationships with faculty, staff, and external clients associated with the program; manage scope of delivery and regularly inform stakeholders of program-related activity and/or decisions
- Oversee vendor relationships and contract negotiations for goods and services
- May develop, manage, and oversee program budget to achieve financial goals
- Develop and maintain data and analytical systems to define and evaluate program success and track and comply with any reporting requirements
- Oversee the strategic direction of program delivery to improve programs and department processes, policies and procedures
- Act as representative at the department or school level; may represent university to external constituencies
- Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Additional Required Qualification:
- An additional 2 years of of relevant work experience
- Job requirements include high EQ, intellectual curiosity, and drive
- Analytical skills, and ability to enjoy and thrive in a highly collaborative and often ambiguous environment
- Previous experience in executive development and/or educational brand-management strongly preferred.
- Superior written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
This role is offered as a hybrid (some combination of onsite and remote) where you are required to be onsite at our Boston, MA based campus 2-3 days per week. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
While we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process. Please note that we will be conducting interviews virtually (phone and or Zoom) for selected candidates until further notice.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. Explore more about HBS work culture here https://www.hbs.edu/employment.