ESSEC, a world-class business school with French roots, has a strong international presence, with two international campuses (in Singapore and Rabat) and a network of international academic partners. Reporting to the Director of International Relations, the Director of the New York City Hub will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of ESSEC’s strategy in North America.
- Leads the overall onsite development of ESSEC’s strategy, presence, and activities in North America, and in particular the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Provides recommendations on a hub’s operational structure, including legal structure, physical location, and hires and provides leadership to a team of locally based staff.
- Works very closely with Directors of Marketing & Recruitment in both Pre- and Post-Experience Programs to establish participant recruitment and business development objectives for North America.
- Cultivates strategic relations with key regional academic partners with the goal of rapidly growing the number of opportunities for student exchanges and double degrees, particularly throughout the US.
- In collaboration with ESSEC ALUMNI, mobilizes alumni communities in North America, by coordinating an annual program of social and content-driven events.
- Assists the ESSEC Foundation with fundraising activities including identifying and engaging potential big donors and in conjunction with ESSEC ALUMNI organizing the annual gala.
- Develops and maintains relationship with corporate partners to secure internships and job placement opportunities and to identify guest speakers and site visits for incoming study trips.
- Contributes to the organization of inbound student study trips by providing logistical support, corporate introductions, and other recommendations for meaningful student experiences.
- Represents ESSEC in some important regional events and meetings to enhance the school’s visibility and influence in North America.
- Strong academic background with at least a postgraduate degree.
- 10+ years of experience in higher education with a strong understanding of both North American, European, and in particular French higher education systems.
- Developed transversal leadership skills & ability to successfully influence decision-making in a matrix organization.
- An entrepreneurial mindset & proven ability to lead start-up phases of project development.
- Experience with managing teams remotely
- Capable of undertaking both strategic leadership with daily operational management responsibilities.
- An existing network of contacts at leading North American universities and business schools.
- Experience leading business development efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to create connections and foster relationships across cultures.
- Strong communications and representation skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Multi-lingual is a plus but not a requirement (English, French, Spanish)
The successful candidate should already have a visa allowing him / her to work in the United States; however, ESSEC may assist with appropriate visa application procedures for exceptional candidates.
Successful candidates may initially be required to work from home or from a co-working.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
In accordance the AGE hiring policy-promoting diversity, this position is accessible to people with disabilities.
The data necessary for your application will be kept for a period of 2 years by ESSEC in accordance with legal provisions, unless you notify us otherwise.