The Senior Associate Director, reporting to the Director of Sales, Open Enrollment Programs, plays a pivotal role in driving sales and enrollment levels for a designated number of open enrollment programs and projects. This position focuses on enhancing sales operations and opportunities within the organization.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across Executive Education, the Senior Associate Director ensures the needs of a diverse and global customer base are met in a timely, accurate, and effective manner. With expertise in consultative sales and account management, this individual caters to the specific requirements of executives, aiming to develop client relationships at a corporate level. The Senior Associate Director plays a vital role in driving enrollment and revenue targets, nurturing client relationships, and ensuring the success of the Open Enrollment Programs. Through a consultative approach and effective collaboration, this position contributes to the growth and global recognition of Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Provide prompt and comprehensive responses to program inquiries and prospective candidates, corporate contacts, and partnerships for their designated portfolio of programs, specifically addressing a senior executive market segment. Submit weekly sales updates and forecasts based on the lead pipeline. Qualify inbound open enrollment program inquiries to ensure effective targeting. Raise concerns and implement appropriate sales tactics and tools to foster pipeline and convert leads.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for the assigned portfolio of programs. Manage existing accounts and participants, fostering growth and satisfaction. Collaborate with other functional teams to develop innovative sales and client management solutions.
- Counsel and guide prospective participants to identify and attend programs that align with their objectives. Serve as a subject matter expert on various learning solutions and products offered by Columbia Business School Executive Education and advise comprehensive talent development strategies for individuals, team leaders, and companies.
- Engage past program participants and corporate clients to strengthen relationships and encourage repeat business. Foster connections with individuals and organizations to promote the utilization of our Certificate in Business Excellence (CIBE).
- Participate in client calls and lead various business development activities for the Open Enrollment business. Aggregate program descriptions and information and pricing documents for Open Enrollment Programs, particularly for organizations considering multiple participant enrollments. Collaborate closely with the Marketing team to refine program descriptions and positioning.
- Lead and propose solutions for improving and refining the sales process by leveraging sales, marketing, CRM, and analytic tools and capabilities. Manage various projects defined by the department to enhance scalability and optimize the sales and business development processes. Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on Open Enrollment Program opportunities in Salesforce.
- information from public and research sources to identify client opportunities based on sectors and competencies. Review and collate information on competitor offers for Open Enrollment Programs including new and traditional providers, conferences, seminars, thought leadership events, and publications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent related experience required. Minimum 4-6 years related experience required.
- Experience working with senior-level corporate executives and/or decision-makers. Background in sales, customer service, marketing, or public relations. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills. A diligent self-starter who can anticipate and prioritize upcoming opportunities. Able to perform non-routine work, manage a diverse portfolio with a large volume of detail and changing deadlines, and work independently as well as within teams. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Internet utilization.
- Master’s degree in a related subject area preferred. International experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.