Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, Operations, the Associate Director, Resource Planning allocates resources and facilities to programs and projects across the spectrum of Executive Education activities, including in-person and digitally delivered Open and Custom programs.
This individual will plan and optimize the program managers work schedules, will book and work to optimize the use of facilities, will be the department’s main point of contact in relation to teaching and social venues and will manage the booking of catering services. The individual will analyze the use of operations resources and facilities, will identify issues and improvement opportunities, and will help build contingency plans for peak periods. The individual will interact with stakeholders within Executive Education and with counterparts in the institution, including the Dean’s Office to ensure coordination on school wide scheduling and planning. This individual will build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Works with the Senior Associate Director to allocate program management resources to open and custom executive education programs.
- Tracks resource utilization indicators and proactively highlights optimization opportunities and anticipates resourcing challenges.
- Liaises with program management outsource partner(s) as appropriate when additional resources are required. Follows department processes to raise POs as needed and manages the administrative process linked to working with operations partners. Works with the Financial planning office, as needed.
- Works with the Senior Associate Director to allocate programs to internal teaching facilities. Liaises with the school’s Chief of Staff in the Dean’s office to confirm bookings and to adapt plans in order to optimize use of the on-campus space.
- Coordinates with the Chief of Staff in the Dean’s office on the school – level scheduling and planning function for Exec Ed programs. Serves as the point person for the custom program team and requests they have relating to facilities.
- Tracks facilities utilization indicators and proactively highlights optimization opportunities and anticipates space challenges. Provides reporting to senior leadership within Exec Ed and the Dean’s office.
- Manages booking of off-campus teaching and social venues in NYC, more broadly in the US and internationally, as required.
- Partners with the Head of Marketing & Sales to make all facilities and faculty bookings once the target Open Enrollment program delivery calendar is defined. Supports the booking of faculty to programs, as required.
- Manages booking of catering services for programs delivered on campus working in collaboration with the program management team.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required. 3-5 years of related experience required.
Excellent planning and organizational skills. Detail oriented. Very strong Excel ability. Logical thinker with strong option generation and problem-solving ability. Enjoys and is good at solving puzzles and conducting analysis. Able to anticipate challenges and identify improvement opportunities. Confident but respectful when dealing with senior stakeholders. Has a genuine interest in understanding the commercial dynamics of the executive education business.
Prior experience in resource planning and/or facilities scheduling is an advantage.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.