Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Assistant Director manages a portfolio of Open Enrollment, Custom, Online and Blended programs in all phases of development and delivery while increasingly taking an ownership of their portfolio’s expansion and renewal and/or of specific administrative functions necessary to the smooth execution of Executive Education programs. This individual will take the lead with the most demanding, high visibility programs while demonstrating a track record of helping to drive new business development. This individual will demonstrate working knowledge of Executive Education portfolio and how to differentiate offerings between Columbia Executive Education and its peers. The Assistant Director will play an advisory role with participants and clients.
- Manages open and custom programs, closely communicating with participants and clients regarding logistics and program content both pre- and post-program. Most programs will be held on campus or online, however delivery domestically and internationally is possible and dependent on business needs.
- Partners with the New Business Development team to source information for new program proposals; attend client meetings to provide Program Management insights and build client relationships in the early phases of client relationships; understand the Program Agreement for each program to which they are assigned; understand faculty compensation agreements for each program to which they are assigned; drive renewals of contracts; drive new business with existing clients.
- Manages a functional area (e.g., Program Management communications, online course delivery, administrative/operational management, in-person facilitation, conference center sourcing and scheduling); as assigned. Provides on-site support for both residential and non-residential programs.
- Oversees and source all program materials including faculty curriculum materials, readings, assessment and supplies. Works closely with Operation and Production staff to oversee material production and quality control within scheduled deadlines.
- Work to set-up virtual course sites, and managing the hardware and software requirements required to support the learning experience. Coordinate virtual course sessions and webinars or online communities as needed.
- Manages all aspects of event planning for programs including coordinating with faculty director and participating faculty University facilities, conference center staff, technology staff and participants. Maintain and cultivate good working relationships with external vendors.
- Manages program evaluation process, collating and evaluating data and feedback for faculty and corporate clients to ensure the program is achieving the highest level of quality and effectiveness. Schedules after action reviews as necessary to review program feedback with relevant faculty, staff, and client contacts.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations and the Financial Planning Office, manages the expense tracking sheet for each program. Provides client with an estimate of reimbursables 30 days after the close of a program. Works to monitor profit and loss for each program within portfolio.
- Conduct after action reviews after each program delivery and make adjustments to future iterations in coordination with faculty and senior staff members.
- Writes faculty commitment letters 30 days prior to the start of programs for submission to the Head of Participant and Program Experience.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent related required. 3-5 years of related experience required.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Detail orientated and proven track record of taking initiative and is able to anticipate and prioritize tasks. Demonstrated ability to perform non-routine work, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently, as well as within teams. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Internet utilization. Ability to travel to programs and visit possible venues. Ability to cultivate relationships among alumni and past participants. Some evenings and weekends necessary.
Prior experience in event management, project management, zoom and Salesforce a plus.
For More Information and To Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.