Job Requisition: Associate Director, Online Learning and Program Specialist
Start Date: Immediate (October/November 2023)
Reports To: Senior Associate Director, Marketing Strategist
The Associate Director, Online Learning and Program Specialist for the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Executive Education will serve as the lead in managing all virtual learning solutions for Chicago Booth Executive Education – supporting the mission in bringing non-degree business education to leaders around the globe.
This role requires a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, project management, strategic vision, and strong interpersonal skills. The role is responsible for collaborating across internal teams, faculty, and external partners to manage, develop, and enhance all executive education virtual learning experiences for both open enrollment and custom programs. This role oversees the development and execution of quality control measures to ensure executive education online learning experiences adhere to Booth’s world-renowned brand standards with excellence. This role has specific revenue and quality management metrics to support the growth management initiatives for Chicago Booth Executive Education.
This individual will be a key stakeholder in launching new global online programs as well as online components of hybrid and in-person programs. This is an exciting opportunity to lead innovation and create a best-in-class online learning experience at one of the world’s top universities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the Executive Education lead in building and delivering current and new online programs from concept to implementation, including managing third-party Online Program Management (OPM) partners, stakeholders in Marketing, Enrollment, Operations, and other internal teams, as well as faculty and industry leaders to launch projects that meet time-to-market goals and brand standards.
- Develop and oversee online program project plans to ensure projects meet established milestones, remain within budget, and adhere to quality metrics. This includes responsibilities in managing online program budgeting, revenue forecasting, and program scheduling needs with third-party vendors, faculty, and delivery teams.
- Develop and apply quality control standards to the design, execution, and maintenance of online modules and courses ensuring Booth’s brand standards are met throughout all virtual experiences. Monitor the success of the online experience against objectives via data, learner feedback, program surveys, changing market needs, stakeholder feedback, and implement improvements.
- Explore and generate communication engagement tactics and ideas to enhance online program experiences within Booth’s online program platforms.
- Proactively onboard new third-party virtual program partners and effectively maintain relationships with existing partners, identify and fill product gaps, evaluate the performance of partnerships, and generate new ideas that improve Executive Education’s online portfolio.
- Represent Chicago Booth with superior executive presence and professionalism during virtual programs. This role requires being comfortable with hosting virtual sessions and duties such as initiating online discussions, introducing Booth faculty, facilitating participant questions, networking with program participants on platforms such as Zoom or Canvas, and communicating with faculty to ensure a successful program delivery.
- Lead other new program launches and program delivery duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Required (hard skills)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5+ years of experience in online learning management and/or instructional design, academic support, learning & development role.
- Experience with managing complex projects with demonstrated success in meeting deadlines, managing vendors, and managing related budgets.
- Technical knowledge of online program/course management and delivery.
- Experience and key understandings of online, distance learning experiences versus in-person learning needs.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills; excellent communicator capable of providing leadership to individuals and groups and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to an entrepreneurial/growth-oriented culture within a university environment.
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities for improvement using data and customer insights, while achieving key objectives.
- Superior executive presence and ability to foster engagement in virtual settings
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and shows attention to detail.
- Familiarity with how websites operate (i.e., databases and content management systems).
- Experience with computer-based and/or software-as-a-service tools, for example Salesforce.
- Master’s in educational technology or related discipline
- Experience collaborating with sales, enrollment, or marketing teams
- An understanding of global products or services
- Education program/course delivery skills