About the Department
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 54,000 accomplished alumni. – strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University’s core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas – the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
As a member of the Chicago Booth Executive Education Program Delivery team, the Associate Director, Global Program Management leads and manages a portfolio of non-degree certificate programs globally across a variety of modalities (in person, online and blended). This is a hybrid position located at the downtown Gleacher campus three days per week and two days remote from home. This dynamic role includes relationship management with senior level executives, learning and development leaders, and participants in the private and public sectors; managing annual budget with profit and loss responsibility; collaboration with faculty and working cross-functionally across Executive Education teams (Business Development, Marketing and Enrollment).
While this position is hybrid (remote/in person), there will be some domestic and/or international travel to Chicago Booth campuses in London, Hong Kong and other global client locations for client management and/or program delivery oversight.
- Plans, schedules and manages an assigned portion of the division’s program portfolio.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the full portfolio of program offerings and Executive Education faculty expertise to support the development of proposals for custom or open enrollment programs.
- Develops strong working relationships with faculty, staff and external clients associated with the program.
- Interprets and translates client-learning needs into specific learning objectives for customized programs.
- Collaborates with Executive Education’s Business Administration and Marketing functions on new and existing programs.
- Collaborates with Booth procurement on client contracts.
- Evaluates program feedback and revises curriculum with faculty and clients as needed.
- Supports and provides guidance to members of the Global Program Management team.
- Analyzes financial performance and implements corrective administration action when appropriate.
- Assists in preparing budgets; authorizes payment for materials, facilities, staff and instructional faculty.
- Conducts on-going analysis of the state of the art business practices and competitive landscape. Integrates faculty groups in the development of new products.
- Engages in activities that promote Executive Education and Booth overall by speaking at professional and alumni gatherings, contributing to development of thought leadership and presenting in appropriate forums.
- Interviews, hires, trains and evaluates professional staff, instructional faculty and guest speakers.
- Provides in-depth knowledge in developing executive or professional degree programs and/or curriculum. Implements plans for executive or professional degree programs and initiatives and acts as a liaison between the program and program participants.
- Serves as a resource for program information. Resolves problems or questions referred by program staff, University administrators, or other contingencies.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Event management, including planning, executing, and evaluating programs, and/or customer service positions in hospitality.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Budget management skills.
- Comfort with Zoom or Microsoft Team meetings functions.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Work as a sole contributor as well as collaborate with others in a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledgeable, energetic and passionate about education.
- Achieve objectives with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task; strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Cultural sensitivity, DEI awareness and strong emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and interface with and engage senior level clients.
- Routinely and independently exercise sound judgment and creative problem solving skills in making decisions.
- Comfort with technology, including the ability to maintain a calm and assuring composure when technical glitches occur.
- Work under pressure and to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines consistently.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Works evenings and early mornings as needed and open to travel.
- Résumé/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.