Are you a mission-driven individual who wants to support lifelong learning for leaders around the world? Chicago Booth Executive Education seeks a dynamic Assistant Director, Global Program Management to collaborate with clients, faculty and staff to deliver non-degree certificate programs across several modalities (in person, online and blended). As Assistant Director, you will be in the classroom and have direct access to renowned faculty, senior level executives/C-suite, and the latest thinking in business. This role will be hybrid and located at the Chicago Booth Gleacher campus in downtown Chicago three days a week and two days from home. This individual thrives in an agile and entrepreneurial work environment focused on supporting the mission of the Chicago Booth School of Business by delivering impact through business education for the public and private sectors.
The ideal candidate has a curiosity to learn, a passion for exceptional customer service and desire to represent a world-class brand. This individual is an excellent communicator that can work confidently with senior executives, esteemed University of Chicago faculty and is a true team player. Strong relationship building, emotional intelligence and project management skills are key to the role as Chicago Booth Executive Education navigates the changing landscape of non-degree education across multiple cultures, industries and forms of delivery.
Working with the Global Program Management team, the Assistant Director is responsible for the end-to-end planning and delivery of a portfolio of non-degree programs designed to provide a rigorous learning experience for senior leaders globally. The program portfolio may include open enrollment, custom, partnership and international programs in the US as well as, EMEA, North & South America, North Africa and Asia.
While this position is hybrid (remote/in person) in Chicago, there will be some domestic and/or international travel to Chicago Booth campuses in London, Hong Kong and other global client locations globally.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Global Program Management team to ensure high quality program delivery and learning experience for an assigned portion of Executive Education’s program portfolio.
- Act as the owner and primary point of contact for participants, clients, and faculty before, during, and after Executive Education programs. Develop and manage all communication with participants and clients including program logistics, payment processes, prep work and post program communication.
- Collaborate with members of the Global Program Management team and faculty to manage the delivery of programs to clients and participants. Responsibilities include: creation of program schedule; overseeing the program admissions process; managing the collection of materials utilized in each program from faculty (e.g. cases, books, articles and simulations); preparing materials for distribution among participants; managing the process of securing copyright permissions; managing faculty classroom needs.
- Plans, organizes, and executes all logistics related to in-person programs including: catering and vendors, LMS, coordinating classroom IT/AV and other facilities on behalf of the program; supporting program delivery and working with clients ahead of and on program days.
- Support online sessions, delivered primarily via the Zoom platform. This includes serving as a host for virtual sessions, sharing documents and videos, administering polls, coordinating break out rooms, monitoring attendance, and facilitating communication with faculty and participants to ensure a smooth delivery.
- Monitor open enrollment registrations and work in conjunction with the Enrollment team to convert interested registrants to paid participants.
- Organize and engage in program activities outside of the classroom (examples include company visits, dinners, and experiential activities)
- Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets; authorize payment for materials, facilities, staff and faculty; track budget and expenditures associated with programs and prepare final accounting report at close of program.
- Reviews program feedback and identifies ways to improve the overall program experience
- Program schedules vary across programs and geographic location of delivery. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends (as needed) required.
- On-site for all assigned programs required; flexible schedules based on number of program days. On average, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (as needed) required.
- As a team player, represent the brand and proactively collaborate with manager, teammates and faculty to ensure the success of Executive Education and Chicago Booth overall.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related experience, or equivalent of education plus relevant business experience.
- Knowledgeable, energetic and passionate about education.
- Ability to achieve objectives with minimal direction required. Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task; strong project management skills and attention to detail required.
- Work as a sole contributor as well as collaborate with others in a cross-functional team environment.
- Cultural sensitivity, DEI awareness and strong emotional intelligence required.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation required.
- Budget management skills required.
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and ability to interface with and engage senior level clients.
- Experience with event management, including planning, executing, and evaluating programs, and/or customer service positions in hospitality preferred.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment and creative problem solving skills in making decisions.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; comfort with technology, including the ability to maintain a calm and assuring composure when technical glitches occur.
- Comfort with Zoom or Microsoft Team meetings functions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines consistently required.
- Cover letter with résumé required.