The Senior Director, Business Development at Babson Executive Education (BEE) is responsible for generating and managing the entire new and existing business sales cycle for their accounts. Specifically responsible for creating, building, and nurturing relationships with prospective and existing clients. This will be done both proactively, sourcing their own leads and working them through to close, and reactively by ensuring that speculative requests from prospective clients are dealt with professionally, effectively, and appropriately.
Additionally the Senior Director, Business Development is expected to develop and update their expertise in the challenges faced by global businesses in order to fully understand and successfully craft a link between BEE’s offerings and corporate challenges; focus on selling custom programs and services across the BEE portfolio; and may, at times, be asked to contribute to business development efforts of other programs within BEE and the College.
- Consistently research, identify, and contact individuals and corporations who would be strong prospects for BEE; constantly make outbound calls and network with key relationships within and without the college to develop new leads, qualify leads, and work the sales cycle to close efficiently and effectively.
- Internalize and successfully sell the definitive value proposition of Babson College and BEE; develop a solid understanding of key content areas that differentiate BEE in the market place.
- Manage all facets of the entire sales cycle from identification, to initial qualification, through executed contract.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
- Accurately forecast opportunities and update the CRM.
- Develop a rapport with, and the trust of, clients including ensuring high standards of client interaction and service at all times. Actively listen to clients and develop solutions that satisfy their issues/needs.
- Make compelling and credible verbal and face-to-face presentations to clients at every stage of the sales cycle.
- Prepare and develop proposals for new business and pitches new proposals to prospective clients (often requiring direct contact with those in senior and C-suite roles); work with Operations in order to fully understand costing and pricing models for profitability.
- Routinely negotiate and execute custom contracts.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external service stakeholders (including faculty, staff and alumni as well as others) to ensure efficient, top quality delivery of services.
- Work collaboratively and in mutual partnership with the program management function to transition closed deals into production seamlessly for the benefit of clients.
- Communicate customer needs, in a clear and timely manner, to faculty and Program Managers to guarantee appropriate curriculum development and delivery of programs.
- May be called upon to cross sell programs for all product lines of both BEE and the college as a whole.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of quota carrying/closing sales experience
- Must be well-versed in strategies that will help build trust with a client and move them through the sales cycle
- Must have prior experience selling professional services to CLOs, CHROs, CEOs
- Must have superior communication skills which is required in order to communicate, present, assert and speak to all the different stakeholders involved
- Must have experience and strategies that enable cold calling and other prospect generation activities with confidence in order to gain new clients
- Must have exceptional negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties from inside and outside the College in order to build relationships, influence, manage conflicts, and navigate through office politics in order to get things done
- Must have strong research and strategic analysis skills which are necessary in order to benchmark the competition and keep the College ahead of it
- Must have experience selling high-priced, intangible/conceptual products with long sales cycle
- Must have deep experience in consultative sales and the ability to lead need analysis and provide feedback and leadership in defining client needs
- Must be financially literate in understanding pricing models and hurdles for profitability
- Must be results oriented and achievement driven with the ability to “close” client opportunities
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies
- Ability to travel
- This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Students, faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information by February 1, 2022 or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Additional Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- MBA or similar and relevant advanced degree preferred
Search for job R0011431